Therapeutic Parenting - Group Programme
Are you interested in learning about therapeutic parenting?
Are you struggling with balancing the challenges and the rewards of parenting?
Are you concerned about your child displaying overwhelming distress, anxiety or difficult behaviour?
- This parenting programme is designed to cover the basic principles of therapeutic parenting, focusing on relationship building rather than behaviour management
- The programme is for any parent who would like to learn about therapeutic parenting, reflect on their current parenting, learn some new insight and ideas to put into practice and share their experiences with other parents
- The programme is experiential in nature so parents will share their experiences and learn from others in a safe and therapeutic environment
- The Programme is currently running online and will run again as a regular group of 6-8 parents over 6 weeks with a 1.5 hour group session every week.
Learning about Anxiety - Group Programme
Are you experiencing a level of anxiety which is difficult to manage on a daily basis, and gets in the way of being the person you wish to be?
Are you concerned about your child or somebody else experiencing anxiety and wish to learn more about it and trying to help and support them?
- If you are interested in this group learning programme about anxiety, its manifestations and symptoms, how to understand it better and how to try and overcome it this programme might be for you.
- The programme is experiential in nature so participants will share their experiences and learn from others in a safe and therapeutic environment.
- If you are interested in exploring more about the programme or wish to book a place please get in touch.
CommUnity in Dialogue
CommUnity in Dialogue is a project which aims at promoting diverse groups in the community coming together to share their experiences and build positive connections and support networks in the local community i.e. Woodingdean, Brighton.
Before the pandemic started, I have been offering regular group sessions at the Holy Cross drop in for mums of young children. These sessions have highlighted the needs for mums to share their experiences, reflect on their challenges, offer each other advise and support and reduce social isolation.
The focus of the group conversations has been on the rewards and challenges of being a parent, self-care and self-love, love and compassion. These sessions will resume as soon as the current restrictions will be lifted.
If you are interested in exploring some opportunities to facilitate dialogue for different groups in the community I will be delighted to hear from you.
Ecotherapy Group Work
We live in a naturally beautiful area of the UK which offers many opportunities to be immersed in nature through the sea, the beach, the white cliffs, the round hills and rivers, the grazing meadows and the woodlands. At a time of climate crisis it’s becoming increasing important to help each other appreciate and protect Nature.
Nature is very generous and giving and has endless gifts and healing powers to offer e.g. reduced stress levels, lower heart rate and cortisol levels by simply being immersed in nature which is now recognised by research.
This group is for nature lovers, people who wish to reconnect with nature and each other by sharing their experiences of being in nature, for those who wish to increase their emotional wellbeing and restore mental health, people who would like to meet others in a safe and nurturing environment.
The 1.5 hour group sessions will include spending time in nature (weather permitting) engaging in nature based practices e.g mindfulness exercises, walk and talk, natural art work, and sharing experiences in the group. It will offer the opportunity to relax your body and mind, feel restored and nourished.
The group will run weekly for 6 weeks in the Natural Reserve at Beacon Hill, Rottingdean, Brighton. The programme is subject to a minimum of 6-8 participants.
Ecotherapy Group Online - Testimonials
I got a great deal from the group and how it shaped those weeks for me. You brought a lot of energy and imagination to the work and I really enjoyed the invitations you presented to us especially around connecting directly with nature and ourselves in relation to nature, such as checking in as something in nature (mine was ‘a mossy boulder’!), focussing on specific element of nature: trees, water, the seasons, visualisations and the Sit-Spot.
The course has been very important to me in these early weeks of my retirement, really helping me to recognise how important it is to me personally to connect with nature regularly, as part of my everyday life, and the outcomes of this are many and varied: to do with my sense of wellbeing and aliveness, and feeding my art and my deepening shamanic practices. And as all these are nurtured, so my desire and motivation for action and campaigning for the care of the Earth naturally deepens. That’s how it feels it works for me! (S-J)
I loved my ecotherapy course, having an idea of my therapeutic goal early on in the course allowed me to take from it what I wanted, it has given me a lot to reflect on and some tools to use and pass on. (J)